Bulgaria is a country with a long history of cultural heritage. Since the late 1990s, manufacturing industry has been greatly expanding near the city of Plovdiv, including the emergence of a very productive refrigerator manufacturing plant. Due to the high productivity of this plant, effective energy management and timely monitoring of plant statistics are especially important. For these purposes, ORing's industrial networking products are chosen to provide the much-needed industrial-grade backbone network for this refrigerator manufacturing plant in Bulgaria.
The centerpiece of this project is the energy management system that monitors, visualizes, and stores analysis data of power substations in this Bulgarian refrigerator manufacturing plant. To ensure swift, reliable and uninterrupted information traffic of such important data in tough environments, ORing's unmanaged IES-150B Ethernet switches are used. Additionally, some of the substations are in the remote area, where the implementation of wired networks would be tedious and costly. The use of ORing's IAP-W512 long-range wireless weatherproof access points effectively solves this problem by providing IEEE 802.11a wireless network connection with RADIUS authentication, allowing secure wireless network extension to these remote substations.
- Energy Management System Schneider Electric "ION Enterprise" – for optimal energy management in the refrigerator factory. Requires rugged industrial-grade networks to handle the system's mission-critical information traffic.
- PLC and Gateway Twido PLC and EGX100 Modbus Gateway – Collect critical manufacturing information such as circuit barker status, power transformer temperature, etc.
- Power Meter PM810 – gathers crucial power usage information of the manufacturing system .
- Unmanaged Ethernet Switches
Forms the core wired Ethernet network backbones. The switch’s compact size, along with its DIN-Rail and wall mounting installation options, makes it easy and flexible to install physically. Additionally, its redundant power inputs and the rigid IP-30 housing design ensure reliable data transmission under harsh environments, while the low power consumption of IES-150B proves to be a great energy saver.
- Weatherproof Wireless Access Point
Features rigid and weatherproof IP-67 housing, which is suitable for even the toughest outdoor environments. The 10km communication range wirelessly extends network connections to the hard-to-reach remote substations, eliminating the need for the tedious and costly network wiring implementation to these remote substations. Besides, the support of RADIUS and other secure wireless protocols maximizes security of wireless data transmitted, ensuring that these data “stay private”.
- Low power consumption
- Secure weatherproof wireless networking in some spots
- Power redundancy protections
- Industrial design to sustain in harsh environment
- Withstand wide temperature variations